Saturday 25 August 2012

The beginning....

...was at Lllanerchaeron in Ceredigion on 10 August 2012.  It was raining (it rained a lot those two weeks in west Wales) and our five year old daughter, Primrose, picked up a copy of '50 things to do before you're 11 3/4' in the National Trust shop.

I knew about the National Trust's attempt to get kids back in nature as adventurers, explorers and discoverers.  But it was all so obvious to me- 'we do this stuff already- don't we?'  As I read some of the 'things to do' to Primrose she was keen to do them- especially Make a Mud Slide (Number 20) and Make A Mud Pie (Number 13).

So we decided to do it: me, Primrose, Claudia (her two year old sister) and (I think she was keen) my partner, Jacqueline.  All before 5 February 2019 when Primrose turns 11 and 3/4

And this blog is my attempt to record it for all of us and make sure we do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment